Since I signed up for the 90 day Body Transformation Challenge on the 15th of March 2016, I figured I should also do a 90 day Protective Style Challenge. So I went on to do some research on how to prepare for this just to see how much work it would entail.
Recently I’d been using my wigs as my protective style, but this time I’m trying out different kinds of braid styles.
I went on to prepare for my first protective style of the challenge with the following steps:
- Washed my hair using TRESemme Naturals Shampoo
- Protein treatment using AfroBonatics – Repairing & Strengthening Protein Treatment. I left this on for an hour (no heat used) and rinsed my hair.
- While my hair was damp I moisturised using
- Dark & Lovely’s Moisture Plus Satin Oil
- Unrefined Shea Butter
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Stretched my hair using the African Threading method.
I will keep my braids for about 6 weeks (washing them every 2 weeks).
Will keep you posted on what happens next.